With more and more demands put on our athletes, both physical and mental, we are seeing an increase in certain injuries. The ACL injury is something seen with sports that involve sharp turning/ cutting or quick changes in direction. This is just a small example of some of the rehabilitation needed after surgery. ... See MoreSee Less
ACL injury? Here's some ideas for addressing single leg dynamic balance, landing mechanics, neuromuscular control and developing power.
Please seek medical attention for any concerns regarding your personal health.
Video credit: Johnny Wilson. Head of Sports Medicine at Notts County FC. Twitter: @notts_physio
A brilliant and easy to follow summary as to why exercise for low back pain is so important! ... See MoreSee Less
10 FACTS ABOUT EXERCISE AND BACK PAIN 🔝👌
The video that went viral on Twitter in a few hours, shared by Physiotherapy Professional Bodies and researchers all around.
1. Exercise and being active is good for back pain.
2. Rest is not helpful.
3. The best type of exercise is the one you enjoy.
4. All types of exercise are safe for back pain.
5. Exercise is as good as surgery and medicine for most back pain.
6. Exercise can prevent recurrence of back pain.
7. Exercise regularly is a must.
8. Moving with confidence and without fear is important.
9. Soreness after exercise does not indicate damage.
10. Exercising in a relaxed manner is important.
MANY THANKS to the clever guys that make research possible and shared with me this info... Mary O'Keeffe, Kieran O Sullivan and Chris Maher